Help!!!!!
« on: September 15, 2008, 05:13:24 PM »
Hi, since my site was large and I had you guys do my sitemap, and thank you very much.

However, I think I'm doing something wrong.  You had asked me for my FTP transfer which is my go daddy hosting account FTP address.  The sitemap for my site is actually called [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] but the site is called [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I entered the sitemap for the [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] into my Webmaster tools of the [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] sitemap part and I think I did the wrong thing.  I tried to enter it into the [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] sitemap section, but with the different name it would not allow me to do it. 

Now my [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] site which was on the second page in Google has disappeared from search results. 

And, only15 urls have been indexed from the [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] site in two weeks. 

Somethings wrong... help please!!!!!!

Thanks in advance. :( :( :(
Re: Help!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 11:06:32 PM »
Hello,

if you have sitemap generator installed on domain1.com and created sitemap for domain2.com, you should manually transfer created sitemap files to domain2.com and submit domain2.com/sitemap.xml to Google (it cannot accept sitemaps from other domains).
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 01:28:20 AM »
Another question from a stupid idiot.  I tried to do a "save-as" and it said file name invalid.

What is the procedure for manually transferring xml sitemap files.

I really, really appreciate everything you have done.

I need it changed from [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] to [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I also need to change the other files (.ror) you generated for me.

Here's a list of the originally generated files:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Again, thanks for everything.

Also, I know from previous experience that Google doesn't like subddirectories used in sitemaps, maybe this is the problem.

But, how do I submit it?

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 10:28:03 PM »
You can download those files (sitemap.xml, ror.xml, urllist.txt and sitemap.html) from domain1.com via FTP to your computer and then upload them to domain2.com via FTP as well.