Papoloko

Missing some pages
« on: April 17, 2006, 06:59:44 PM »
Hello XML Staff,

I just used the online sitemap creator and in the resulting html sitemap there were 2 new htm pages missing but, my last created page was showing, though. The pages in question are:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

I'm assuming the xml sitemap carry the same links as the html one. My main reason to do a new sitemap is to report the new pages to the crawlers but, now I'm not sure if I should replace my old map if it's missing some of the new pages. Your help on this will be highly appreciated.

Another thing I should be mention, even though I can fix it, is that the html sitemap show the url instead of the title for this page:

Beside those, the html sitemap look very nice!

Thanks

Papoloko
Re: Missing some pages
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:55:45 PM »
Hello Papoloko,

the links you posted reside at ultra150s.com domain, which is different than initial domain: www.ultra150s.com.

Google sitemaps protocol doesn't allow to include into sitemap links from different domains, so you should fix the links, including the "www." in the URLs.

Papoloko

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 03:12:33 AM »
I"m very impress with this site. Thanks a lot, admin!

It worked right off when I put the www in urls. Perhaps you could help me a little further.

I got a few wmv movie files in a folder, without html for them, and people can see them by clicking the links to them. Is there any way to get them to show in the site map? I can put them, by hand, in the html site map but I don't think the crawler can see them because it doesn't mention them at all. Maybe this is normal but I don't know much about site maps yet.

I created my own htm page using your sitemap but, only used the links structure from yours, I do want to put a credit link at the bottom of the page in top of my own site copyright. Below is a copy of the copyright that came with your page. I can't use it as it came with your page because the page in question is my own design. How could I write it in order to satisfy both sites need?

Page generated by XML-Sitemaps.com - A Google sitemaps and html sitemaps generator | Copyright (c) 2006

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 03:14:55 AM by Papoloko »
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:51:47 PM »
Hello,

Sitemap Generator is crawling only the pages of "text/html" content type, so direct links are not included and can be added manually only.

How could I write it in order to satisfy both sites need?

Feel free to reword it like:
Sitemap generated by XML-Sitemaps.com - A Google sitemaps and html sitemaps generator | Copyright (c) 2006

Thanks!