Multiple pages
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:23:41 PM »
Can the program automatically write mulitple xml sitemaps?  If so, where is it and if not, can you tell me which page actually writes the xml file.  Thank you.
Re: Multiple pages
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:59:52 PM »
Hello,

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but Sitemap generator creates multiple sitemap files for the large sites, splitting them by 50,000 URLs per file.

Please explain your question more if this is not what you meant.

Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 02:48:08 AM »
Is there a way to lessen the 50,000 to another number, files are too big for google as far as mb size.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:46:04 PM »
Hello,

please re-download the script (using the same link) and install over your existing instance.
You will be able to configure text sitemap location then by manually editing the config.inc.php file.

'xs_sm_size' => '50000',
change it to the value of your choice.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 04:32:09 AM »
I will do that, thanks.  I get a few hundred emails a day and will have to find it but that is fine, How do I go about licensing your product to provide a service to customers regarding google site maps?
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 10:37:08 PM »
Hello,

according to license agreement, you are allowed to use sitemap generator for your own websites only.
If you plan to provide this like a service, you will have to purchase additional license for each customer. We have a reseller scheme though, so you can get a discount for the further orders.

Thanks!