Hi Oleg!
« on: September 19, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »
We've been trying to find a sitemap generator that would work well for the Joomla! side of our site, tried just about all the J! based ones without success.  So I did some searching on stand alone products and ended up here (nice SERP btw, I think you were #1 ;) )  While checking the site out I was *very* pleasantly surprised to find Oleg running the forums!  Given our experience with the great support on VBSEO, that kinda made the choice really easy for us ;)

Easy install, and did what I wanted it to on the first try... Nice! Can we set it up to run using a vB ACP Scheduled Tasks cron?

Anyway... Glad to see you here Oleg, with this to handle the J! and other bits of the site and VBSEO sitemap 2.2. to handle the Forum, Galleries and Blogs, I think we're in pretty good shape.
::happy sigh::

So nice when things just *work*, few folks say thank you for good design, mostly they just don't notice it!  So: Thanks!

James and Susan

Re: Hi Oleg!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 03:14:46 PM »
Many thanks for your kind words :)

It should be possible to create a new scheduled task in vB admincp for the standalone sitemap generator, the command line would be different depending on files location. For instance, if you have vB installed in domain.com/forum/ and sitemap generator in domain.com/generator/, you can use this command line when creating new task in vB admincp:
Code: [Select]
../generator/runcrawl.php
Re: Hi Oleg!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 06:05:31 PM »
Hay, back again.  Ran into some snags and had to rewaork some content so we didn't get a chance to use this till today.

Running the generator via the cron in vB returned:
This tool can be executed in command line mode only

We can run it manually if needed, or I can prob work out setting up the CRON directly, though it would be more convenientto have both VBSEO and this in the same admin tool for scheduling purposes.

Anyway, the good news is the generator ran flawlessly and helped me run to ground about 8 broken links!
::thumbs up::

James and Susan