Default sitemap locations
« on: April 19, 2006, 06:49:58 PM »
Hi,
I was able through the configuration screen to change the location of the sitemap.html file, but I would also like to move the urllist.txt file to my main folder, how can I do this?

-----------------------
PS I have found your program very satisfactory, thanks

Re: Default sitemap locations
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 10:04:17 PM »
Hello,

we do not provide a special option for urllist.txt file location (it is always stored in data/ folder), because Yahoo doesn't require the sitemap to be placed in the site's root and this file is not used by human visitors.
So, there is no special reason to move this file and we just avoided this option to have less inputs at configuration screen :)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 01:30:05 AM »
I disallow generator subdirectory through robots.txt

I think a lot of configuration problems would be solved if the sitemaps were all held in a separate  subdirectory oustside generator.

I was planning to put all the output files (sitemaps,urllist) in a subdirectory \sitemap with 766 permission.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:45:54 PM »
Hello,

please re-download the script (using the same link) and install over your existing instance.
You will be able to configure text sitemap location then by manually editing the config.inc.php file.

FIND:
    'xs_sm_text_filename' => '',
    'xs_sm_text_url' => '',
and CHANGE IT to:
    'xs_sm_text_filename' => '/path/to/your/folder/urllist.txt',
    'xs_sm_text_url' => 'http://yourdomain.com/folder/urllist.txt',
Let me know if you have further questions.
Re: Default sitemap locations -Thanks
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 10:14:24 PM »
Wow,
What a service.
You fixed it faster than I checked for a reply!!

Thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 04:45:37 PM »
I think it would be beneficial to allow an opption to specify location for Yahoo's map as well, even if they do not requite it to be in the root directory. I installed Generator in a  password protected directory, which means Yahoo! probably won't be able to get to it, since access to that directory is also disallowed in my robots file.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 12:33:48 AM »
Hello,

it is allowed to specify location for Yahoo sitemap, as specified in my post above :)
You should just modify the config file manually for this.
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 03:28:45 PM »
I would like to be able to change my default yahoo directory as well.  Where can i get the script to make that change to the config file?

Hollie
BabyGizmo.com
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 01:43:38 AM »
Hi,

you should *manually* open config.inc.php file in editor, perform modification as described in post above (https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,228.msg1012.html#msg1012 ) and upload modified file back to your host.
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 04:13:46 AM »
I don't see this in the config file:
 'xs_sm_text_filename' => '/path/to/your/folder/urllist.txt',
  'xs_sm_text_url' => '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]',

I have this version:
Standalone Sitemap Generator (PHP) v2.1.1

Please advise,

Hollie
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 03:05:56 PM »
Hello Hollie,

you should add these lines to the config file then, right after this line:
$grab_parameters = array(
If you need assistance, please provide ftp access details and desired sitemap location in Private Message.