Sitemap reports a broken link but my web site has non?
« on: September 02, 2008, 08:06:22 PM »
Hello,

Sitemap generator found a broken link, but I couldn't find any. Yet I wanted to see if I miss it and made a payment accordingly. Sitemap provided me a broken link but my there is no such broken link in my web site. Can you please help me to understand this?

Thanks,

Neela
Re: Sitemap reports a broken link but my web site has non?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 10:32:04 PM »
Hello,

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

thanks,

Neela
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 08:23:56 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I tried the link and yes, it's not working. Yet there is no such a broken link in my site.

This so called broken link contains a line that it appears on my browser's address line when I wanted to see this page in internet explorer, immediately after creating it. It belongs to the preview of this page. There is no possibility that I put this link somewhere in the document. How could I possibly obtain such an address line? I tried every other link in my document. All working well, indeed, there is no such link in my document.

I simply can not find such a link? And google too, didn't report any broken link so far.

There is something wrong in this sitemap generator. This is what I think.

Best Regards,

Neela
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 04:34:38 PM »
I'll try to explain it in more details. You have this page on your site:
http://www.yourdomain.com/index_files/asidite.htm
in html source code of that page there are lines:
Code: [Select]
<a
  href="file:///C:\Users\Nilgun\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary%20Internet%20Files\Content.MSO\PubWebPagePreview\pub25188.9\index_files\Page488.htm"><span
  lang=tr style='font-size:8.0pt;line-height:125%;font-family:Verdana;
  text-decoration:underline;language:tr'>..</span></a></p>
i.e. the link point to the file on your local PC, which is incorrect, i.e. if someone clicks that link they will get "file not found" error.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 12:41:50 AM »
Forgot to mention; when I hit the links for this page I can see the page either with my computer, or another computer. There is no problem.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 07:21:54 PM »
I'm not sure I understand correctly - do you mean that <a href="file:///..."> link is correct ? You can see it when file is existing on computer but of course it will not be visible for others. You can put the link in any "page viewer" ir "http header viewer" and you will see that it cannot be accessed from external host. Moreover, googlebot will ignore this link since it's starting with "file:".
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 05:01:22 PM »
Hello
I think I cannot put it neatly: This link is working and this page is visible for others as well. I tried in another computer and I could view the page. In this web site, there are two links for this page "asidite" and both links work well. Explorer shows this file: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 06:27:23 PM »
At the bottom of that page there is one link for "Vücut asiditesi ile ilgili daha fazla bilgi" text and there is ANOTHER link for ".." dots after that text, which is not working.
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
Oh, now I found it! Thank you, thank you so much for your kind help.

Best Regards,

Neela