Domain/ sub domains site maps
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:00:05 PM »
Hi can you please advise. I'm not too sure how this would work so I'm hoping you can help.
I have a domain name (root folder) - for example, Transport.com

Now within this root folder (transport.com) I have two other websites root folders, both being phpbb forums - for example one for cars and another for boats.
The url’s for these sites look similar to these below;

Transport.com
Transport.com/cars
Transport.com/boats

My question is, would I have to create a site map for all three domains/ sub domains or would one site map do for all? I suspect that I would need to create a site map for each.

if the latter is the case then once I’ve created all three site maps I suspect that I would have to rename the individual saved XML sitemap files to there respective domains. – for example, renamed to boatssitemap.XML, carssitemap.XML and then upload all three site maps into my Cpanel “public_html”

Am I correct in thinking that the url addresses for each of the above domais /subdomains that I would need to submit to google would look like this;

Transport.com/public_html/boatssitemap.XML

I know it’s a little long winded but I hope I’ve made sense.

Regards
Len

:)
Re: Domain/ sub domains site maps
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:46:44 PM »
Hello,

in case if those sites are just subfolders (as you specified - Transport.com/cars etc) you can create a single Transport.com/sitemap.xml sitemap for all of them.