PHP Safe mode error
« on: April 10, 2006, 04:50:03 PM »
I get the following error when i start crawling my site:

Warning: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/virtual/site19/fst/var/www/html/site_map/pages/class.grab.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 12

I looked at the post: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.html but it didn't seem to resolve anything

Re: PHP Safe mode error
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:22:02 AM »
Hello,

as it is mentioned in the quoted message, this is not an error, but only a warning and it means that your server configuration doesn't allow script to set the timeout for itself. You can just ignore it as far as sitemap is generated successfully. If it's not, you should increase the max_execution_time setting in php.ini and restart apache.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 11:26:59 AM »
I have changed the Max Execution time to 300 and still i get the same error ???:

Links depth: 3
Current page: it/news/esaams_march04.htm
Pages added to sitemap: 20
Pages scanned: 20 (246.7 Kb)
Pages left: 32 (+ 2 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 0:00
Time left: 0:00
Memory usage: -

Warning: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/virtual/site19/fst/var/www/html/site_map/pages/class.grab.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 12

Any sujestions?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 12:15:48 PM »
I have run the "runcrawl.php" directly from the shell command line but this still does not produce the sitemap xml file!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 09:39:24 PM »
Hello,
I have changed the Max Execution time to 300 and still i get the same error Huh:
This is a warning message and you can ignore it as long as full sitemap is crawled within default max execution time limit.
I have run the "runcrawl.php" directly from the shell command line but this still does not produce the sitemap xml file!
Please make sure that you have set permissions correctly (sitemap.xml file should be existing and having 0666 permissions)