Want to purchase...have questions
« on: December 11, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »
I have email you a couple times about my interest in purchasing your unlimited version plus installation and have received no answer. I need to be assured that nothing that gets uploaded to my site will effect my site as viewed by the public. I do not want a sitemap added to my website for my customers to use. I do not want my site changed in any way. Next, when you install the sitemap, will you set it so Google is notified of updated pages automatically. I update and add pages daily.  I am looking for something that works for Google, that runs in the background so I don't have to do anything. I am stickly WYSIWYG and am not capable of dealing with installation and updating the sitemap. Await your replay
Re: Want to purchase...have questions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »
Hello,

sitemap generator is a completely separate software and it doesn't change your website look/structure/content. XML sitemap that is created is submitted to search engines. Optionally, you can put HTML sitemap for your visitors, which is also automatically created but *not* inserted in your site unless you put a link to it.

The generator script has a built-in option to automatically ping search engines (including Google) every time sitemap is created. The scheduled task should be created in hosting control panel if you want to update sitemap automatically (daily).
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
Do you all that is mentioned  in your reply when I order installation also?
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:53:16 PM »
Yes, the installation includes setting up the script, creating sitemap and (optionally, if you provide hosting CP access) setup of the scheduled task.

Here you can find system requirements for your server in order to have generator running: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/documentation-xml-sitemap-generator.html
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 09:11:54 PM »
I am a dumby about this. My site is on Godaddy. I give you my FTP and Godaddy account login info and you do everything?
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »
I am still waiting for an answer to my last question...
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 09:09:50 PM »
My site is on Godaddy. I give you my FTP and Godaddy account login info and you do everything?
That's correct.