Version 2.9 Won't create the urllist.txt in my folder!?
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:21:08 PM »
I probibly havent done something right but anyway.

On an older version, I set it up like the following...

Save sitemap to: /homepages/htdocs/website/public_html/sitemap.xml
Current path to Sitemap generator is: /homepages/htdocs/website/generator/

If I ticked Create a Text Sitemap and Create a ROR Sitemap,

It would create a urllist.txt in the /generator/data/ folder and in my /public_html/

However in version 2.9 It only creates the urllist.txt in my /generator/data/ and I have to manually copy the urllist.txt file into my public_html folder (which is where my domain points to)

Apart from upgrading the generator folder with the full new version and resetting it up nothing on the server has changed, so I think it's a bug, or has this feature been removed?

Many Thanks,

Rob.
Rob
Re: Version 2.9 Won't create the urllist.txt in my folder!?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »
Hello,

you can define filename and URL for text sitemap manually in config.inc.php file:
Code: [Select]
    'xs_sm_text_filename' => '',
    'xs_sm_text_url' => '',
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:28:33 PM »
Hello,

you can define filename and URL for text sitemap manually in config.inc.php file:
    'xs_sm_text_filename' => '',
    'xs_sm_text_url' => '',

Thanks, I did it like this...

'xs_sm_text_filename' => '/homepages/htdocs/website/public_html/urllist.txt',
    'xs_sm_text_url' => 'http://www.mydomain.com/urllist.txt',

It worked, thank you very much.

Will it be fixed in the next release to create a Yahoo URL list without having to go into the config file?
Rob
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 07:57:04 PM »
Hello,

since Text sitemap doesn't *require* to be located in domain root, it's usually is kept in default location (generator/data/ folder), and sitemap generator upgrade procedure recommends to keep existing config.inc.php file, so there is normally no need to reapply settings: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,118.html

Also, please note that Yahoo now supports XML sitemaps too and you don't need text sitemap for yahoo submission anymore.