Problems creating sitemap
« on: October 27, 2008, 01:06:15 PM »
Hi,
I bought a standalone sitemap generator, I try creating the sitemap for my website [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] . My website have around 14,000 pages, but each time I use the generator to crawl, after 3000-4000 pages, the whole program "hang" I tried it for a dozen times, the result still the same.
Just wonder if they anytime I need to change/configure for it to work well.
Anyone having this problem?
mysite: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Re: Problems creating sitemap
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 07:50:43 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:15:23 AM »
Links depth: 3
Current page: audiobooks/fiction/dance-of-death.html
Pages added to sitemap: 4062
Pages scanned: 4080 (83,488.2 KB)
Pages left: 9846 (+ 5237 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 2:01
Time left: 4:54
Memory usage: 15,143.7 Kb

There is a Links depth:3, how to let ye crawler to crawl beyong depth 3.....If they any thing I need to configure on the sitemap generator.......Spoken to my webhost, they said, shouldn't have problems runing this.
Can it be the bug on the program.

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 08:41:55 PM »
Hello,

in case if it stops at that point then as mentioned above you should increase max_execution_time and memory_limit settings in PHP configuration.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »
Hi,

After increase max_execution_time and memory_limit, same problems....no improvement, why? what happen to yr software?  Is there anything else other than the above that I need to change, inorder for your program to work.

Tks