Required authorization not working
« on: October 30, 2008, 08:20:41 PM »
Hi Guys,
I just installed XML Sitemap Generator for the first time. I set up the configuration so it should require authorization to access the generator interface. Also, after saving the configuration, I followed the installation instructions and changed permissions on the config file back to '644'.

1. When I reload the web page to access the generator, the page opens without requesting an authorized login. It just opens to the configuration page. How can I get the required authorization to work correctly?

2. Also, when the generator configuration page loads, it says at the top: "An Error Occured - Config file is not writable: [path to my config file]". Why is it showing this error? Am I not supposed to change the permission back to '644'?

Thanks for your help.
Ron
Re: Required authorization not working
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:45:53 PM »
I cleared the cache and the required login is working. But, it's still showing the Error message at the top saying that the config file is not writable. So, is this normal?

Thanks,
Ron
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 12:00:37 AM »
Hello,

yes, this is normal - config file becomes non-writable when you revert permissions to 0644.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 12:23:38 AM »
Thanks for confirming, Oleg.
Much appreciated.

Ron