Internal Server Error
« on: September 18, 2008, 11:54:24 AM »
Code: [Select]
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [url removed] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Anybody encounted this problem?  I get this when running the crawler.  Once this happenes I can no longer access the /generator url and comes up with the same message.
Re: Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:02:06 PM »
See Attached File.

url is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:23:04 PM by andrew84uk »
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:51:57 PM »
Hello,

I see that sitemap has been created successully now:
Request date:
18 September 2008, 13:28
Processing time:
75.83s
Pages indexed:
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 04:13:24 PM »
Hello,

I see that sitemap has been created successully now:
Request date:
18 September 2008, 13:28
Processing time:
75.83s
Pages indexed:

It was created successfully but I still get the error at the end and unsure why this is causing an error.  If you run the sitemap you will see what happenes.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 08:57:19 PM »
This message means that timeout happened while crawling the site, as long as sitemap is created that is not a problem.

ron8

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 03:15:20 AM »
I have just installed unlimited version and get the same problem - I tried to crawl the site, then trying to view the sitemap gives the following message (sitename changed)

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]'. Line 1, ...

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}}
^
If I open the sitemap it has the following in it
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}}
{\*\generator Msftedit 5.41.15.1507;}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20\par

After that I just get internal server error 500 trying to access generator

Many thanks, I'm guessing it is something someone has seen before.

Ron
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 09:51:22 PM »
Hello,

if you visit the Crawling page again, do you see the interrupted session details with "Resume generation" checkbox?

ron8

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 12:55:30 AM »
Thanks but I can't get past the server error to get back there

ron8

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »
Hi Oleg

I can't get past the error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, xxx and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

I have now installed on a different domain (same hosting co) and it goes ok (except hangs - see pm)

So guess I will just be pragmatic about this and reinstall on this domain sometime (this one is only a small site anyhow so can use the online generator)

Thanks

Ron
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 08:51:31 PM »
It does look like an incorrectly set permissions issue so, yes - reinstall might help.