seo

I'm using the servers response, but it seems to generate the current date for the last modified parameter.

What can I do to get the actual last date the file was modified automatically?
Hello all, I have got the same problem. Who can help, please? ???
Hello,

it means that your server doesn't return the correct last modification time with the response headers. This usually happens to all dynamic websites (written in php/perl/asp etc).
Thanks for your fast feedback. What can I do to fix the problem, change anything on my server?
Hello,

with dynamic scripts, it is not possible to do with server configuration (it can only be done with additional feature added to the scripts code, which nobody does usually). The reason of this is that pages generated by scripts are "real-time" pages.

As for static pages (html) - the lastmod time is sent automatically by web-servers for them and they should work fine.

seo

Would this issuae happen to static pages if they use SSI? Like XBitHack on?

Otherwise my static pages are alwys showing the generation date of the sitemap  as well as all  the php files.
Hello,

sitemap generator uses the "Last-modified" HTTP header value that is returned by your web-server and current time in case of no header is provided.