Cute Site Builder
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:25:22 AM »
Need some help, I'm using cute site builder to build and upload my website I have been trying with no success to get a site map loaded up that google will recognise as it keeps telling me I have the wrong format

I have created an xml page with cute which I have inserted the saved xml file that was generated but with no luck.

anyone got any ideas....
Re: Cute Site Builder
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 12:10:49 PM »
this is the google error message I get

Unsupported file format
Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit

and this is the url which I have now tried in an html format using the xml file - [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

any help would be great I get the feeling I am just missing something silly
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:51:57 PM by clansman »
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 03:46:54 PM »
Hi changed the file back to xml. but still getting this error mesage

Unsupported file format
Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format. Please ensure it meets our Sitemap guidelines and resubmit

Also when I went to view the xml. page this came up on the screen

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End tag 'HEAD' does not match the start tag 'META'. Error processing resource '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

</HEAD>
--^

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 11:01:37 PM »
I see that your sitemap.xml link doesn't load xml sitemap, but opens an html document.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 07:34:37 PM »
ok so have you any ideas as to how I can get a supported site map up using Cute site builder any help would be gratefully recieved
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 09:47:04 PM »
Finally got it had to download  FTP transfer software to get the file in the correct place but once  the file was in the right area google went straight to it and gave it the ok.

thanks for the help anyway