john

Sitemap generator keeps stopping after a few hours.
« on: April 30, 2009, 01:16:47 AM »
I have used xml sitemaps for the past year with out much problem.  My site has about 60,000 pages and it would run 3 or 4 hours than stop.  I would start it again from where it left off and it would finish up and create a good site map.

Now, out of the blue I can't get a good site map created, it'll run for a few hours and stop at around 25,000 pages.  When I tried to restart it keeps stopping after about 5 minutes so I can't get a complete site map anymore. 

My site is on a dedicated managed server and I have been working with the hosting companies that manages my server.  They have no idea why is would stop and are asking me I can give them any error messages.  Is there a way to log errors so we can trouble shoot this?  Any idea what the problem could be?

I tried again and it stopped scanning site again, here is the read out:

Links depth: 3
Current page: articles.detail.php/41208/145/Recreation_and_Leisure/24/Camping_Gear
Pages added to sitemap: 24180
Pages scanned: 45240 (587,131.5 KB)
Pages left: 9039 (+ 43369 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 144:56
Time left: 28:57
Memory usage: 57,071.3 Kb

Re: Sitemap generator keeps stopping after a few hours.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 10:19:10 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.