rel="nofollow" type links
« on: October 17, 2006, 02:09:53 PM »
Hi

No probs with the generator all works great.

Except that I can't see anything to make it obey the rel="nofollow" statement in links.

Quite often I use the nofollow attribute to stop certain pages from getting indexed. With the current sitemaps I have to go and edit out these pages.

Could we have a switch in the configuration settings to allow this type of link to be obeyed.

Cheers

Rich
Re: rel="nofollow" type links
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 11:38:35 PM »
Hello Rich,

this is planned for the next version of Sitemap Generator. Thank you for suggestion!

Prezes

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:30:15 PM »
About rel="nofollow" i heard differential opinions. Robots see this links and pages, but Google PR is not transfer. Yahoo index this pages and ignore nofollow.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:52:17 PM »
Basically, in case if the link is marked with rel="nofollow" attribute, it's considered to be insignificant or even undesirable to follow/index.
That's why our sitemap generator now supports that and it doesn't follow those links.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 04:08:50 AM »
Have you reversed this decision? Just tried it out and it DID follow our nofollow link.
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Note the "sort=alpha" link near the top of the page. I ran that page through your online version to make sure it used the current version of your code (our unlimited copy is several months old) and it did follow that link after all.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 08:53:42 PM »
Hello,

online generator has been updated for compatibility and it should work fine now.
Please make sure that you are running the latest version of standalone sitemap generator.