During Crawl (Not sure if it's even working) web site frozen
« on: December 17, 2008, 07:13:47 PM »
Just bought this thing today.  I installed the thing, installed it, went to the folder and everything seem to load okay. Then I run the thing.  My entire website is froze.  Can't access any pages or anything all. 

How do I get my site up again without doing a restart? 
Re: During Crawl (Not sure if it's even working) web site frozen
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:16:18 PM »
Ending up restarting my server.  After restarting it, I saw that it said

Request date:
17 December 2008, 11:58
Processing time:
2581.40s
Pages indexed:
Sitemap files:
Pages size:
245.15Mb

except when I went to the sitemap.xml there's nothing there O_O also going to any of the other sitemaps nothing is there.

Also it says I have 450 broken links when I don't.  For reason it's adding "FCx(this.href);" on my site.  This is the original a tag on my site

<a href="/dfadfdsf/" onClick="this.href=FCx(this.href);" title="dfadsfdsf" class="link_nav2">dafdsfdsf</a>

But it's adding this to the url
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

It's adding "onclick="FCx(this.href)" so I guess that's why it thinks it's a broken URL.  How do I fix this and how do I get it to work?  Also without having it freeze up my server?  There's only like 6,000 pages I think.  Not that much...not sure why my server freezes.

Going to analyze page I get

Warning:  ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/xxxxx/public_html/_generator/pages/page-analyze.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 55

Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/_generator/pages/page-analyze.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 57

Going to view sitemap I get

Warning: gzfile(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/_generator/data/sitemap.xml.gz) [function.gzfile]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/_generator/pages/page-view.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/_generator/pages/page-view.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 24

Also I don't have sitemap.xml.gz in data folder. Was I suppose to create on in there?  Nor did I enable compression.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 08:23:29 PM by romeohelp4u »
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 12:37:41 AM »
Hello,

the website is not frozen, it's just keeping connection with generator in your browser, so you can just open another browser (IE or FF) and it should be able to browse just fine.

except when I went to the sitemap.xml there's nothing there O_O also going to any of the other sitemaps nothing is there.
Make sure that you have 0666 permissions set for sitemap.xml/ror.xml files in domain root.
Also it says I have 450 broken links when I don't.  For reason it's adding "FCx(this.href);" on my site.  This is the original a tag on my site
You can ignore those links in list if that's the case.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 07:44:57 PM »
I see thank you.  I did a fresh install instead.  Seems to work with no errors.

Got another question about the Automatic Priority level.  It says that it will set base on the depth level but that does not seem to be the case.  For example, on my site

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

If you look at the left hand side there are content there that is pretty deep but when it set on automatic the depth level is set to 0.9  And then stuff like 1 level down gets a 0.1  Why?  Also if I manually edit the xml file will it be okay? Or will be it over written the next time it runs?

I'm confused about the "Individual attributes:" I just want to set the priority do I need to set the date and all the other stuff?  Also does it have to be a url like substring.php=blahblah  Can it be an entire folder? 
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »
Hello,

1. Depending on depth level priority will decrease like: 0.90, 0.72, 0.58, etc
You can take our sitemap as an example: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/sitemap.xml

2. sitemap will be overwritten next time it's generated.

3. You can just skip the part that should be left default, like:
substring.php=blahblah,,,0.9