Generator will not work in public_html folder
« on: January 06, 2009, 05:17:45 PM »
I have been using the sitemap generator for quite a while now, with no problems.

I have recently switched hosts and now have a problem producing a sitemap for my main/primary domain. The generator produces a list of all sub/addon domain directories and nothing else. It wont explore the main URL I put in.
It works perfectly on all other domains. I just have the problem with the main domain that exists within the public_html folder.

I hope I have explained that OK and that someone can help.

Thanks
Re: Generator will not work in public_html folder
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 10:16:32 PM »
Hello,

XML sitemap protocol doesn't allow to include URLs from different (sub)domains, so you should create separate sitemaps for every subdomain.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 04:43:13 PM »
I didn't include the URL's for any sub-domains. I produce separate sitemaps for all my domains with no problem.

The problem is with the generator for my primary domain (ie the domain listed directly within the public_html directory).

The generator doesn't 'explore' the URL's for the site listed and lists all my sub-domains instead.

Does anyone have a solution?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 12:09:53 AM »
Hello,

could you please PM me your generator URL and an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached starting  from homepage?