Upgrading free software to Professional - automatic function
« on: January 21, 2009, 08:55:46 AM »
Hi all, Newbie here, I will try to make this as clear as possible. Any help by anyone that has actually been through this process will be greatly appreciated.

I have installed the free version of xml Sitemap through Google webmaster tools and verified. This seems to work fine. I wish to have the system automated however so when I change my website it updates everything correctly and automatically.

I notice there is some professional software I can buy and have installed, my questions are these.

1) Will having this software installed set me back at google by changing my serp's? Ie deleting what has been acheived so far.
2) I have not yet verified with msn, as I have only just found out the have a webmaster service as well, which is probably why I do not appear! When I have the new software will the automatic updates  be read by all the search engines.
3) Will I have to re-verify anything? Ie, will the current sitemap be wiped and replaced by a new sitemap, or does it upgrade the current sitemap?

Any any other advice regarding this anyone can lob in with in.  :-*

Thanks

regards
sunshine
Re: Upgrading free software to Professional - automatic function
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »
Hello,

1. installing the generator script will NOT remove your SERPs, but it will provide search engines with details to allow crawl your site better.

2. the script has a built-in option to "ping" search engines when sitemap is created. XML sitemap is currently supported by all major search engines.

3. You will be able to specify the filename of sitemap, so it can simply replace your existing sitemap and that will be transparent to search engines.
Re: Upgrading free software to Professional - automatic function
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »
Thank you for your quick response, 'admin' I shall go ahead and purchase this software.

Thanks

regards

sunshine