"An error occured" message
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »
When attempting to execute the free site-map generator on either my [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] or [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] sites, I receive the following error:

"An error occured

There was an error while accessing the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Please make sure to specify the correct website URL and resubmit your request."

I was not having this issue a couple of weeks ago, and had successfully generated XML sitemaps several times with the free version available on this site.  But suddenly within the past week or so, I always receive the above error when attempting to index my site.

Does anyone know what may be the problem?

Thanks!
Re: "An error occured" message
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
My web hosting company has asked me the following:

"Please contact the xml-sitemaps.com support to know about the IPs from which they scan the websites, so we could check whether their IP is blocked by our server firewalls."

Can you please provide me with this information?

Thanks!

Francesco
IP Address Used By xml-sitemaps.com To Scan Sites
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 01:19:16 AM »
My web hosting company has asked me the following:

"Please contact the xml-sitemaps.com support to know about the IPs from which they scan the websites, so we could check whether their IP is blocked by our server firewalls."

Can you please provide me with the IPs used to scan websites with the free XML sitemap generator?  I keep receiving an error when attempting to produce an XML sitemap for my sites, which was not happening earlier this month, so my web hosting company needs to determine if they have blocked the IP address for some reason.

Thanks!

Francesco