Multiple instances on the same server?
« on: February 05, 2009, 10:02:07 AM »
How can i run multiple instances of sitemaps on the same server?

I copied it to another directory, changed the paths etc. but it gives me the same info as the other instance which is running.

We host multiple domains on the same server (sametype of service, localized versions, wiki style, normal only search style etc. variations), and it is kind of a crucial to have multiple instances.

We are currently using another server to crawl these sites.

- Aleksi /W-Create

Re: Multiple instances on the same server?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 12:45:56 PM »
It wasn't a problem running multiple instance, but an another error, which the sitemap gen only blinked fast before taking me back to config page, and as i weren't watching the page i didn't immediately notice an error had blinked.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:49:07 PM by W-Create Oy »
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 12:00:17 AM »
Hello,

did you get the issue resolved or there is still a problem of some sort?
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 06:36:18 PM »
Hi Ed here. I'm new so howdy. I was seeking the same resolve. I have am using this on a client who has a second website in a sub directory. I really would like to drop the generator folder into that particular directory instead of the public html root. They have two separate google accounts with two separate sitemaps as well. So has anyone tried this? Eventually I may wish to run a second generator on the root for my clients other site. Thanks in advance, Ed
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 11:10:11 PM »
Hello,

just replied here: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/forum/index.php/topic,2663.html

Please note that in case if you are using sitemap generator for 3rd party sites (clients), you will need to order additional licenses for every customer as per license agreement: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/license.html