Crawl doesn't start
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:06:20 AM »
Hey guys,

I've just purchased your (hopefully) very handy piece of software, installed it, configured it, but the crawl doesn't seem to start up. As soon as I hit the "run" button, the page skips back to the "configuration" tab, but without any error message.

I have copied the URL for you though;

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Could you please help me out? I rarely buy software (most stuff I use is freeware) but would really like to be convinced of getting paid programs as well :)
Re: Crawl doesn't start
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »
Hello,

this redirection means your server configuration doesn't allow scripts to perform network connection to the specified domain. This happens sometimes when some kind of firewall is installed at the host.
You may want to contact your hosting support to resolve this server configuration issue.

Let me know if you have further questions.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 03:36:21 PM »
Hmmm, that's strange... I own the server (but I'm not the systemmanager though).

I'm running so many scripts and extraordinary things that you should think a script like this would work... could you be more specific (technicaly) about what exactly should be changed on the server?

Thanks for your reply!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 10:42:28 AM »
Just contacted the provider, but no firewall whatsoever is installed on the server.

Could somebody please help me, I really want to make this happen (it's really too bad I don't get a clear error message which I can work with)