Sitemap generator shows the status "
« on: March 04, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »
Hi,

I'm having a problem generating a sitemap and it's highly frustrating because it doesn't show what the problem is. Here are the settings I'm using:

Starting URL (website I want to crawl):
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Save sitemap to:
C:\Program Files\vtigercrm5\apache\htdocs\vtigerCRM\sitemap.xml

Your Sitemap URL (192.168.1.42 is my local machine IP address and I'm logged in as an administrator, generator folder is located in c:\program files\vtigercrm5\apache\htdocs\vtigerCRM\generator:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

Create text/Ror/Html site map:
Unchecked

Everything else is default settings.

Now when I start the crawling it shows the message "Please wait. Sitemap generation in progress..." and it shows it forever but the process never ends (my site is not that big). Of course because this never ends my sitemap never gets generated, all I can see it a pretty message.

Can anybody help? I'd appreciate. Thanks in advance,
Re: Sitemap generator shows the status "
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »
BTW. when I open the /data/crawldump.log I see that it actually runs and does something but after hours of script running in the background XML does not get saved and after a while I get a message:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

The whole sitemap is probably around couple of thousands pages, but I don't have an access to run this from the command line. I have to use my localhost apache to do that.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 07:39:10 PM by jewel webmaster »
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:29:38 PM »
Hello,

possibly you have an endless loop of links on your site, please PM me your generator link to check that.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 06:50:58 PM »
So I spent $19 for something that doesn't work? Nice. I've seen other people on the forum having the same problem but I did not see any decent response on how to fix it. Can anybody help me get this to run?
Thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 10:19:47 PM »
If you have the endless loop, it can be easily resolved by limiting "Maximum depth" option or using "Exclude/Do not parse" options.
Please try to set "Max depth" option to "50" first and if that doesn't work, PM me your generator URL/login so that I can check it.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 01:09:11 AM »
Big thanks, max depth solved the problem.