Can I submit sitemap to Blogger?
« on: March 19, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »
Hi. I run a blog and I have trouble with google indexing robots. I upoaded my rss adrress but Google still says there are 23 restricted links on my blog. That's why I turned to xml sitemap. I generated a new code with their free xml sitemap generatin tool but I do not know where to place this code in my blog. I know I have to place it in html blogger section but where exactly. Under <head> above, below .... Can anyone help me where exactly should I put new html sitemap code.

Thanks so much
Re: Can I submit sitemap to Blogger?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 01:40:56 AM »
Hello,

the XML sitemap should be created as a separate file on your site, not inside of html code of other pages, so you can open it as www.domain.com/sitemap.xml
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 06:26:46 AM »
Hello,

the XML sitemap should be created as a separate file on your site, not inside of html code of other pages, so you can open it as [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Hello Admin.

Ok, I see. I should do put code into html page structure. So I tried to upload sitemap  as  html code on my blog's sidebar, but it appeared on my blog's sidebar as a huge list of URL-s. (see in attachment). Can you tell me, how I can upload generated sitemap to my blogger as a file?
If this works, I promise to promote you on my blog.
Thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 10:19:42 PM »
Hello,

I can't say for sure, but after quick check it appears that Blogger doesn't allow to upload any files, I'd recommend you to check that with blogger support to make sure.
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 08:52:33 AM »
Hi,
Thanx for support. I will contact blogger support.
Keep up the good work.

Thomas