IIS 6 Permission Errors
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:59:45 PM »
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(C:\PHP\sessiondata\sess_f7d7799468763d5d958fe4b6e1faa957, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in D:\inetpub\SiteMapper\index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 43

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\inetpub\SiteMapper\index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code:43) in D:\inetpub\SiteMapper\index.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 43

Warning: Unknown: open(C:\PHP\sessiondata\sess_f7d7799468763d5d958fe4b6e1faa957, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (C:\PHP\sessiondata) in Unknown on line 0

I have your sitemap generator working fine on an IIS 5 (WinXP) machine just fine, however on our Server 2003 server with IIS 6 which is where it would permanently reside once it's working, I'm getting the above errors with the proper file permissions set. I even went to the extreme of giving everything full permissions and I'm still getting those errors.

Any ideas?
Re: IIS 6 Permission Errors
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:32:49 PM »
Ok, this is happenning because I disabled anonymous web access to it so only legitimate users can get to it. I'd really like to have this secured.
Re: IIS 6 Permission Errors
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 01:58:41 AM »
Hello,

yes, you should set permissions so that php scripts are able to write to the folder specified as session_save_path in php.ini and also to:
/generator/data/ folder
/generator/config.inc.php file
/sitemap.xml file
(as specified in installation instructions)