hostgator memory and max_execution_time limits
« on: March 23, 2009, 12:04:15 AM »
I've got a large site and am getting the "Fatal Error" messages, or the frozen screen issue every time I try to run the script. I've adjusted every element possible based on what I've learned from this forum. It turns out that Hostgator restricts hosted and reseller accounts to 64mb and a max_execution_time limit of 30.

Has anyone found a work-around for this to process pages for large sites? If so please share because I would expect others have this same issue.
Re: hostgator memory and max_execution_time limits
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 04:37:18 AM »
I run a medium sized site on hostgator hosting, perhaps the problems I am having as well are related to what you mentioned in your post.

I can get the script to index some urls, but at some point the script does a dead stop in the middle of indexing, thinks it has finished when it hasn't, then sends the email..

I'm also looking for a workaround as well, since I am experiencing similar issues as you are..
Re: hostgator memory and max_execution_time limits
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:47:50 PM »
The guys are XML-Sitemaps are working on it and will hopefully find a fix that I'll post here. I did notice that the HTML sitemap did fully build, which is interesting.