For some reason when I run the generator on one of my websites it starts looping files and linking back to files in a folder on my C drive. I can't find anything in the code to explain this and it only happens with this one website. The site is published using FrontPage (as are all other sites I use) and I think the problem is connected with the vti-cnf file that is created by FrontPage during the publishing process, but I have tried deleting that file from the server without any success. The server is remote to my C drive incidentally so the problem seems to be spurious.

Here is an example of one of the links it creats in the sitemap table:
<loc>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]|/Inetpub/websitename/pages/news/news/news/news/news/news/news/news/news/news/gallery.htm</loc>
  <priority>0.04</priority>

Anyone seen this before or have any tips to resolve it? There is only one news folder incidentally on both the server and the C drive.

Thanks
Re: Free sitemap generator seems to be mapping files on my local drive
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 09:45:19 PM »
Hello,

looks like you have a link to file://.. somewhere on your site, I'd recommend to check your pages to find it out.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 12:13:10 PM »
Yes - that is the obvious conclusion but there is no link like that in any of the code I'm afraid. I've gone through every file in the site and can't find it. It only happens in one folder and the first sub-folder of that is the vti_cnf file which does have some code generated by frontpage which looks as though it could be doing this. Trouble is if I delete this file it makes no difference.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 10:29:25 AM »
Found it - it was an image source link that was set wrongly. My fault...