Warnings from Google after submitting sitemap
« on: April 02, 2009, 05:29:00 PM »
Hi,

I submitted the sitemapxml and ror.xml to google and in initially it seemed to have taken it all okay, but could no show me the links it had listed (said info not yet available).  Today I've gone in and got Warnings all over the place and google says:

"When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. We recommend that your Sitemap contain URLs that point to the final destination (the redirect target) instead of redirecting to another URL."

I cannot see anything untoward in the sitemap and the one submitted before was with your free sitemap generator and there's never been a problem there.

Any ideas as this is a concern if they aren't listing anything!

Thanks
Re: Warnings from Google after submitting sitemap
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:44:37 PM »
Hello,

what is an example URL that is being reported?
If you created sitemap some time ago, I'd recommend to regenerate it and resubmit to Google.

Also, you should only submit sitemap.xml to Google, not ror.xml one.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:01:36 PM »
Hi,

Goolge didn't list any urls at all. The sitemap was recently generated with Sitemap G and submitted to google a few days ago.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:43:40 PM »
If you get "When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations. " message, you should click "Details" to find out what exactly are the URLs .
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 11:52:12 PM »
It didn't have 'details' to click on. The message was strangely all down one side of the page and it listed one url, but it said code 200 (success) and that's all there was.

I have taken it all off now and asked for a refund. I have an actinic website which tends to run differently to most other sites and I wonder if it is not compatible. I don't have time to waste trying to get this to work anymore.

i have not had a reply to any of my emails either.  I hope a refund won't be a problem.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

You won't find it there now as I have taken it all off.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 09:47:35 PM »
We'll need to be able to submit your existing sitemap to confirm the issue. I'm sure it will be resolved very fast.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 08:49:14 AM »
As you have refused to give me a refund and no one is replying to my emails I have no choice but to stick with the forum which I find very frustrating! A reply/question every couple of days is making it difficult to resolve this issue.   >:(

Please explain exactly what you are trying to do. I don't understand how you can submit my sitemap, where are you going to get it from? At the moment I have put the old one back on generated from the free service, as this has no problems with it. I have taken the generator off completely and I don't want to risk these warnings again from google. I have spent 18 months building my business and ranking, so I am very concerned about this affecting all my hard work.  My site is an Actinic site and works differently that most sites. All the files are held on my pc and everytime I update to my hosting it overwrites what's up there. We don't work on files through ftp, because the amendments have to be done on my pc files or anything done through ftp will be overwritten when I next update my site from the pc.

I checked the system requirements with my hosting company and everything was okay and after a few issues with permissions and paths I got the sitemap to generate in the end. I submitted it to google and then got all these warnings as explained earlier, so whatever it has generated it google didn't like and yet the free service sitemap is ok.

So what are you asking exactly? Do you want me to put the whole thing on again and generate a sitemap and then what? I don't really want to submit again to google after the last time.

From tomorrow I am going to be away from the computer for a week and I hoped to have had all this sorted out before now.

I have to say I am not happy. You were quick to reply to my email to tell me no refunds, but no body has replied to my emails asking for help at all.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 03:48:16 PM »
Thanks for the refund, shame it didn't work for me. :)