Site map stopping part way through generation
« on: March 09, 2009, 06:10:22 PM »
I have a site map that is constantly interrupted. I get about 25 links done per attempt, then I either get an internal server error, or I get a screen that says "Already in progress. Current process state is displayed:" but I never see an update after this so I have to submit it again, every time it gets a few more links in before being interrupted.

Really frustrating, any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks
Fernando
Re: Site map stopping part way through generation
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:50:56 PM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I contacted my host, and found out that there was no php.ini file in my cgi-bin folder, so they directed me on how to create one and gave me the settings to use.

I upped the memory to 256M, it's better now but still won't go all the way. I get about 70 links per attempt.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 01:37:12 PM »
1467 pages are being crawled
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 11:38:14 PM »
That's ratehr a small amount of page for this memory size, please PM me your generator URL/login to check the issue