Memory Exhuast Error (recommended memory settings?)
« on: June 09, 2006, 04:44:40 PM »
OK... just to state off the bat, I did check out the other Memory exhaust threads.

Of course.. I get the error:
Code: [Select]
Links depth: 4
Current page: store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28_82&products_id=1244
Pages added to sitemap: 2798
Pages scanned: 3500 (124,274.0 Kb)
Pages left: 12955 (+ 3439 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 19:39
Time left: 72:47
Memory usage: 7,790.8 Kb

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 53592 bytes) in /home/www/egameaddiction/xmlsitemaps/pages/class.grab.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 276

Just to give a little information, I am on a dedicated server.... we have about 1 gig of ram.  I can ask to get more memory allocated if that's what you think will help...  but I am curious as to how much will be needed?

I have a fairly large site with many pages.... IE I have a forum with 80,000  + posts.. A store with 1600+ independent product pages (then the actual product pages @ the shopping cart on top of that).  We also have many other sections / pages.

I really like this generator... but I am hoping to come up with something that can work for all pages.  I guess I could set up the script to do each section seperately.... I'd rather have an all in 1 solution that is a bit more convenient...   but 1st I am curious how much memory I actually need to allocate to something like this. I've never really had a memory allocation problem with all that I have going on the server.

Thanks,
†B†V†
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:46:46 PM by Bluevoodu »

Re: Memory Exhuast Error
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 08:47:38 PM »
Hello,

you should not add the physical memory at your server, but just allow php scripts to use more memory.
To do this, you should increase the memory_limit setting value in your php.ini file and restart apache web-server.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Re: Memory Exhuast Error
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 08:48:54 PM »
Hello,

you should not add the physical memory at your server, but just allow php scripts to use more memory.
To do this, you should increase the memory_limit setting value in your php.ini file and restart apache web-server.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
ok... exactly how much should I use?  or a rough estimate for somewhere between 100,000-160,000 possible pages?

thanks,
†B†V†

Re: Memory Exhuast Error (recommended memory settings?)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 10:34:42 PM »
well... I upped the memory usage to 40Meg... hopefully that'll do the trick.