melih

Sitemap Not Finding Link
« on: June 13, 2009, 01:17:46 AM »
Hello,

This is quite a frustrating situation and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the XML Sitemaps application, but any help would be appreciated.

On the website autosafetymagnets.com there are a few links to autosafetymagnets.com/blog however the sitemap generator is not picking up the link.  We cannot figure out what is causing the problem.  The Word Press blog is accessible from the world and the permissions set to 755.

Anyone have thoughts as to what we are missing here?

Thanks for the feedback.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:19:20 AM by melih »
Melih (\"may-lee\") Oztalay, CEO
SmartFinds Internet Marketing
Re: Sitemap Not Finding Link
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »
Hello,

make sure that you specified Starting URL as domain.com, without www, since your blog is linked to domain.com/blog/ and not www.domain.com/blog/.

melih

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 02:08:56 AM »
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.  We did change the link to point to autosafetymagnets.com/blog, but that did not change the sitemap from finding the link and indexing those pages.  There is something else going on and we're at  loss what else might be causing this.  Very strange that one link in the entire page is being overlooked.  Any possibilities that there is a limit to the number of links it is picking up? 

Let me know if you come up with anything else.  Thanks again for your help.

melih

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 02:18:00 AM »
Hello,

No sooner did I write the last response did I figure out what the problem was.  The Wordpress Blog was configured as autosafetymagnets.com/blog and the starting point configuration for the Sitemap generator was [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]....therefore anything above "www" was not being indexed.  We configured the sitemap generator as it's starting url to be the domain name without the "www".  Horribly painful, but at least we got the bottom of it.

Hope this may help someone else.

Thanks.