Generator Does Not Work For My PHP / frames site!
« on: April 09, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »
Any help is appreciated.
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] is built in frames in order for a flash music player to play throughout the site, with no interuption while navigating from page to page.  if you go anywhere on the site without first going to index.php to set up the frames, you are redirrected back to index.php to do so.  the sitemap generator only gives me the index.php and the player.html.  Anybody able to help?

Thanks!
Jake & DreamCo Design
Re: Generator Does Not Work For My PHP / frames site!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:49:30 PM »
easy...

just donīt use frames :)

or you can use a pop-up window with your flash player. Users can navigate trough site without interruption.

frames are so bad for SEO and SEP.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 01:56:32 PM »
esweb,

that's not an option.  this is a very big site for a very big client.  I realize you can't see the link, but I assure you it is not set up in the manner you think it is.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 02:20:42 PM »
Hello,

sitemap generator is able to crawl through frames to find your pages, but in this case the initial flash screen with no plain html links disallows further crawling.
The solution is simple though - you should submit one of your inner pages as "Starting URL", like: http://www.domain.com/home.php
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 04:17:12 PM »
Thanks!  That was simple enough.  I'm kind of embarrassed I didn't think of doing that myself.