Sitemap Generator stopped working
« on: April 14, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »
We have been using Generator for more than 1 year. The other day, the runcrawl and index pages in the /generator/ folder had mysteriously become empty files and the Generator script would no longer work.

We deleted all files and tried to reinstall but have been unsuccessful. The Generator script simply will not work. When we try to runcrawl, it kicks us back to the index page without creating a sitemap. And the files keep changing to empty files every day or two.

We contacted our host and they have no idea why this would be happening. Our host says they did not change a thing on their end. They say it is our problem.

Any ideas?
Re: Sitemap Generator stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:41:50 PM »
Hello,

do you mean that php files in generator folder (like index.php, config.inc.php) become empty (0 bytes in size)?
Make sure that you have 0644 permissions set for them (which is default), so no one can overwrite them.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 02:19:36 PM »
Yes, that is what I mean and yes, the permissions are and were set at 644.

I really have no idea why this would be happening. Any ideas?
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:44:31 PM »
I would recommend to try to put sitemap generator in a different folder (not "generator").
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
Thanks for your replies.

We have tried installing generator in a new folder a couple of different times. We have completely deleted and reinstalled but nothing works.

Also, we have installed generator on 5 other web sites, so we're pretty confident that we know what we're doing there.

Could it be a licensing issue? We did buy a separate generator for each URL that we use it with, so I don't see why that would be an issue, either, but thought I'd ask.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:55:29 PM »
Hello,

no, sitemap generator doesn't have any code that may overwrite/modify your php files.
If you are on shared host, I'd contact the hosting support to find out if they can track what script/user does modify the files.