Unable to generate sitemap using free generator
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »
Hi, I have been using the free service for a few months now. Today it just sits forever working and never returns with a sitemap.

The one time it did return one, it was only 11kb in size where they are usually 80+kb. At first I thought it might be my new Vista machine so I tried it with the old XP and it doesn't work on it anymore.

Any ideas? I did recently block some IP's from NL but didn't know if you are from the Netherlands? or not. Hope you can help me out. Love the service.
Re: Unable to generate sitemap using free generator
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:06:23 PM »
Hello,

our servers are UK-based, possibly you have accidentally blocked some IPs from our range as well. I'd recommend to try removing the blocking and regenerate sitemap to see if it's related.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 12:30:01 AM »
Thanks for the fast reply. That is probably it. I will unblock several that were recently blocked and see if it helps. Again, thanks for the prompt response!

Ron
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 03:19:27 AM »
I sure miss being able to use the generator. I removed all IP's that I had blocked. the list is empty. Yet it never finishes with the page that allows you to download the xml file. It works and works and then stops, but with the temp page still displayed and never goes anywhere else.

It just never switches over to the page that allows you to download the file. If you have any more ideas I'll take them.

Thanks,
Ron
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 11:41:31 PM »
I'm having same problem as OP. I've been happily using XML-Sitemaps.com for months. For the last week I've been unable to create new sitemap for my domain "[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]" I have another domain hosted by same company and have no problems creating a sitemap for that site.

Once I click submit I get the "Please wait.." page and then nothing. This is using latest FF browers. With IE6 I quickly get this message:
An error occured
There was an error while accessing the URL specified: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Please make sure to specify the correct website URL and resubmit your request.

Please help!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 07:23:42 AM »
Please help. Sitemaps used to generate for [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. For the past three weeks I have been unable to successfully generate a new sitemap.  ???
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 08:28:41 PM »
Hello,

seems like your host blocks http requests when they're sent too fast, I've tried to create sitemap with forced 1-second delay after each page load and sitemap has been created: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/details-www.wetterwater.com.html
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 07:15:20 AM »
Thank you for creating an updated sitemap!  ;D