Hello,

I am checking the sitemap to insure that it is available and usable by search engines. When I try to check the contents in FF, after quite some time it fails for different reasons, tags missing and syntax errors. Opera fails with syntax errors and IE fails with:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following tags were not closed: urlset, url, lastmod. Error processing resource '[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]'.

Given that I don' t do anything to generate this file, I have to assume that the product is failing. A sitemap is completely worthless if the search engines can not read them or it breaks when read attempts are made.

Can I know why this would be? Are sitemap.xml file consistent, if so why would it fail using different browsers?

Most importantly, what do I need to do to FIX this problem? BTW, I think this might be  a bad network connection can you confirm this could be the problem? The sitemap is located at:

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]

edit: I have tried to access the sitemap from another network and it displays with no errors in the flock browser.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:32:28 AM by webmaster208 »
Hello,
edit: I have tried to access the sitemap from another network and it displays with no errors in the flock browser.
I tried and sitemap looks ok for me as well.
Make sure to submit it to Google to check that it's parsed correctly:
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dashboard
Thanks for checking. Weird thing with that network connection, made me think I had a real problem but everything was working correctly where it mattered fortunately.

I did submit to google already and it looks like yahoo likes it too...