sitemap.html permissions error?
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:16:49 AM »
I am getting the following error with running crawler with a cron job:

Warning: fopen(/home/public_html/generator/data/sitemap.html): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/public_html/generator/pages/class.html-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 149

Neither cPanel nor my FTP client will allow me to change sitemap.html to 666? What to do?

I found another post via search engine (site search didn't find it) with the same problem and the suggestion was to delete the existing files. Shouldn't the script being doing and "if exist" delete type check?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 06:21:57 AM by webmaster208 »
Re: sitemap.html permissions error?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »
Sorry but this is a SERIOUS support issue. I added a delete conditional to remove the sitemap.html file before the script runs and I guess it did that but now complains about the next one and so on and so on:

Warning: fopen(/home/public_html/generator/data/sitemap2.html): failed to open stream: Permission denied
in /home/public_html/generator/pages/class.html-creator.inc.php(2) : eval()'d code on line 149

This effective makes the CRON a useless feature if you have to go in everyday and clean out the DATA folder.

PLEASE FIX THIS PRODUCT DEFECT...
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 09:06:56 PM »
Hello,

try to:
- remove sitemap.html
- manually upload empty sitemap.html file instead
- set permissions to 0666 for it.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 04:22:09 AM »
I understand but this really defeats the purpose of having the CRON job run automatically.

BTW, I are REALLY disappointed that you have chosen to Base64 encrypt your sources. Makes troubleshooting a problem a lot more difficult than otherwise. In fact, had I known that ahead of time, I would have never purchased the product.

I have added a script that clears out the sitemap.html files before the runcrawl executes as a hack work around... I am not happy wth this as the script should be doing it, not my hack!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 07:11:44 PM »
The steps described in my post above should be done only once, ne need to repeat them every time.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 03:28:35 AM »
That's an interesting comment. I have had to delete the .html files multiple times now (at least three times that I am aware of having to do that), otherwise the permissions error shows up? In fact, I don't know that I have had a successful CRON run without deleting them first.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 01:28:00 AM »
It is important to not only delete the file, but then manually upload empty sitemap.html and set 0666 permissions to it.