melih

Schema Error
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:04:41 PM »
Hello,

Having trouble with the unlimited version of the sitemap generator  and also the free one on your site.  At first I thought it was our installation, but then when I noticed the online one as generating the following error:

https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/download/www.vicerexlabs.com/sitemap.xml:9:1: Invalid per cvc-complex-type.1.2.4:
    content of urlset is not allowed to end here (1), expecting [u'{http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9}:url']:

I have checked through the forums and have done the following:
1.  Made sure the robots.txt file was properly formatted
2.  Made sure the the sitemap file is set to 666 permissions

For the unlimited version on the server the data directory is set to 777, the sitemap file is set to 666 and the config file is also set to 666.

If anyone has thoughts on this please let me know.  Thanks.

Melih (\"may-lee\") Oztalay, CEO
SmartFinds Internet Marketing

melih

Re: Schema Error
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 01:31:21 AM »
Hi,

There are a couple of issues.  The sitemap that is on the server has one page in it, which we did manually.  The reason we did the manual version is that we originally did not have a file there and still got the same error.  We thought if we added a pae it would help, but that didn't work.

For purposes of this test we have deleted the file off the server so XML Sitemaps can create something from scratch, but we get the error again.  We also removed references to the sitemap from the robots.txt file.

We think if we can resolve this we may be able to figure out how to correct the unlimited version on the server.

We are open to any other ideas.  Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 12:10:47 AM »
Hello,

most likely you have incorrectly manually added an entry.
What is the URL of sitemap created with unlimited generator? (with pages included)

melih

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 01:45:09 AM »
Hi,

There is no URL.  When you try to create the sitemap from your site to vicerexlabs.com we get the schema error.  There is no file on our server....we deleted it and want to start over.  When we try to run a fresh sitemap from your site it gets an error.  We're trying to figure out what is causing this problem.

Thanks.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 11:51:51 AM »
Hi,

You have the following meta tag in your homepage.

<META name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">

That tells our script and all search engine robots not to crawl and index your site.
Philip Nicosia

melih

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for catching this.  We will be promptly finding the clown you put that line in the code!  (shaking my head)