Auto crawling
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:57:14 AM »
Hi
Probably a stupid question. I installed the soft on my site and I would like to know if it is possible to crawl the site automatically, for example every 2 days ? If yes how ?
Regards
Re: Auto crawling
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:12:32 AM »
Hello,

yes, it is possible.
You should setup a scheduled task (cron job) in your hosting control panel for that, the command line for cron task is displayed on generator Crawling page.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 07:27:32 AM »
Hi
I've seen the runcrawl.php on the Crawling page, but I don't understand how I can fit this and where i must add this command line ?
Can you explain or send me a link where this is explained.
Thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 11:33:52 PM »
Hello,

it should be configured in your hosting control panel, exact steps would depend on your host. You should contact your hosting support for details on how it's configured on your server.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 05:35:24 PM »
Hi
No information from the hosting support : they told me that they cannot help me, I have to see with the software manufacturer.
So ???
Thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 01:40:00 AM »
Can't say for sure, may be your host doesn't provide scheduled tasks functionaility.
For instance, in cPanel after logging in you would select "Cron jobs" item, then just enter the command line to run and save the task.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 06:12:49 PM »
Can't say for sure, may be your host doesn't provide scheduled tasks functionaility.
For instance, in cPanel after logging in you would select "Cron jobs" item, then just enter the command line to run and save the task.

I am also confused , i didn't find the "Cron jobs " item after accessing my hosting CP.  ???

Btw, i have my fully serve authority but don't know how to use it at my site hosting .  :-[
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »
Do you have root aka ssh access to you server ?
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »
Do you have root aka ssh access to you server ?

Yes, i have .

I finally work out it , searched with GooGle .  :P
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
Hi it finally works. As my server is in french it was a litlle bit more difficult to find the solution. I have a way to plan task on the server and need only to copy the code : www/generator/runcrawl.php, then indicates when I want this code to be run.
Just a question : it asks me if it is php4 or php 5 ?
Thanks a lot.
Didier
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 12:22:13 PM »
Hello,

sitemap generator supports both PHP4 and PHP5, so it should work in any case.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 04:58:04 PM »
Ok thank you for your answer