ror.xml generated with no title - description only
« on: May 14, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »
Here is a sample of what  I am getting.
- <item>
  <title>ROR Sitemap for [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</title>
  <link>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</link>
  <ror:about>sitemap</ror:about>
  <ror:type>SiteMap</ror:type>
  </item>
- <item>
  <link>[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]</link>
  <title />
  <description>Serving Manassas since 2002, A+ Carpet Cleaning & Flooring offers professional carpet, rug, upholstery, and hardwood floor cleaning and installation needs.</description>
  <ror:updatePeriod>weekly</ror:updatePeriod>
  <ror:sortOrder />
  <ror:resourceOf>sitemap</ror:resourceOf>
  </item>

As you can  see the  title for  the ROR itself is written correctly. However all the site title's are missing - only a <title /> is printed. Anybody know what the issue is - I am using the latest release.

One thought I have is that every page has an &amp; in the title since it is flagged as non-compliant with W3C rules... Now that I think of it - I am going  to remove  them and see what  happens. :-(
JZ
Re: ror.xml generated with no title - description only
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 03:31:52 AM »
The one you see on my site at this time was generated with the online sitemap generator. However, my standalone generator fails to fill in the titles for each web page.

All that it puts on what is supposed to b be title line is < /title> which of course  is missing the <title> actual meta title ---- it is malformed in addition to not haveing title.

I am working with support to see if they have  an idea. I am going to re-install from scratch and see if the problem goes away.

If I get resolution - I will follow up with a post and close this thread  (if that is possible :-)

Jack
Re: ror.xml generated with no title - description only
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:47:12 PM »
Oleg,
Thanks allot for the solution.
I don't use the sitemap.html because I have another utility that works better for me at this time.

Anyway for anybody else following this-
the solution was simply to "turn  on"  sitemap.html generation.

Problem solved.