Generator and server move/upgrade. Generator not working
« on: June 06, 2009, 12:29:37 AM »
Hello,
I used your sitemap generator for a long time on IIS6 with no issues. Now I just moved to an IIS7 server, plus I upgraded to generator V3. The generator doesn't seem to be working.

I am not sure where the problem lies since a few things have changed both on my end and your end, so let me give the symptoms.

I gave all of the proper permissions via IIS.

what happens is I go to the crawling page and it sits there like it running as usual,. but it seems stalled.. it stays at a specific state: like
Already in progress. Current process state is displayed:
Links depth: 2
Current page: blog/index.php/tag/adolescent/
Pages added to sitemap: 55
Pages scanned: 120 (8,823.2 KB)
Pages left: 105 (+ 419 queued for the next depth level)
Time passed: 0:00:41
Time left: 0:00:36
Memory usage: 2,002.0 Kb

just sits there.... I send the stop command and nothing. It wont let me rerun it as it says it is still running. So I wait and a while later it lets me run it again. Same issue.

So I tried to set the script to crawl by IP rather than domain name. If I set it to the websites IP same thing happens.

if I set it to the SERVERS Ip or 127.0.0.1 the script writes a one-link sitemap file.... makes sense since if you put the SERVER ip into a browser you just get the IIS welcome page.

Now this tells me that the permissions are set correctly AND that the script will run fine on IIS7. So what could be causing the script to hang and not update anything when working on the actual site?

Re: Generator and server move/upgrade. Generator not working
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 02:39:38 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 03:28:52 AM »
Thanks. I tried that with no luck. I turned memory up to 320 MB and execution time to 3600 seconds.

Funny thing is the script seems to run for maybe 10 seconds then it kicks back with 500 Internal server error and no data, if I refresh, and then resume script tahts when I get the message above which makes it look to be in a hanging state...
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »
In case of IIS, additionally to PHP settings it might be required to increase "maximum script running time" in *IIS configuration* too.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 04:39:28 PM »
Thank you that was the issue.
For others who have teh same problem in IIS& you need to adjust the activity timeout and request timeout settings for fast-cgi.
see here:
[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]