Can't index all pages
« on: June 09, 2009, 01:49:10 PM »
I have a website with a lot of data contained on an SQL server database which is accessed via a page in the form \abc.aspx?id=1234 where the 1234 is the id number that is pulled off the database. XML-sitemaps seems to index a number of these pages but then myseteriously stops and won't index any more. In total there are around 500 records in the database, yet only about 70 of them seem to be indexed.

I have watched the software indexing the files and it seems to go through all the 'id' numbers sequentially but then stops at a certain value and doesn't go any further.

Does anybody have an ides as to why it isn't indexing all of these documents?

Thanks.
Re: Can't index all pages
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 04:13:08 AM »
Hello,

is the sitemap created with smaller number of URLs or there is no sitemap at all?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
Hi,

The sitemap only shows 70 URL's however there are currently upwards of 500.

Thx,

Matt
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:34:54 AM »
Hello,

could you please PM me your generator URL and an example URL that is not included in sitemap and how it can be reached starting  from homepage?
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 10:55:36 PM »
Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your post back. Sorry i've not responded earlier.

My starting link is [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. An example would be the following;

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] is indexed where as;

[ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] is not.

There are numerous examples of this throughout my site. Intially I thought that they might just be sequential however after running things again, and putting more content on my site for some reason they are not.

You help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 08:18:24 PM »
Hello,

I will also need:
- your generator URL/login
- how those pages can be reached starting  from homepage