How can I specify a password for xml-sitemap generator?
« on: June 18, 2009, 09:27:27 PM »
Hii

I have installed the script in my hosting in a few minutes. And I have Found a special option to specify a password in the section: Require authorization to access generator interface:, I have add a new username and a new password but, I cant see the diference between with or without password because the crawling works with or without the password and username than I have specify in the section Require authorization to access generator interface:.

Please tell me how can I specify a password for I can only use and configure xml sitemap generator in my server? or cant it be possible? I dont like to think that I need uninstall the script after I have generate the xml sitemap, and reinstall again when I need to update the sitemap.

I have add the directoy [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] to robots.txt to dont be indexed by google and anybody can change or modify my personal configuration of xml.sitemap generator
Re: How can I specify a password for xml-sitemap generator?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 02:45:02 PM »
Hello,

when you first open generator you are automatically logged in. The check that password protection works, you should logout with:
domain.com/generator/index.php?op=logout