Hi,

Hope you can help us. After downloading the Standalone Sitemap Generator Version 3.0 and installing it to our server, we can’t generate sitemap in html format any more (sitemap.html). But we can generate sitemap in html format with our previous version of Standalone Sitemap Generator. How can we fix this?

Thanks.
Re: Sitemap.html not created in Standalone Sitemap Generator Version 3.0
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:05:47 PM »
Hello,

do you get any error message? What exactly is not working?
Please check that you have 0666 permissions set to sitemap.html file.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 08:32:43 AM »
Hello admin,

We’re not getting any error message. For the permission in the sitemap.html, we do not use FTP migration to migrate the sitemap tool to our server, but I think it doesn’t matter because when we’re using the old sitemap version, the sitemap.html is updated with the expected result. I’ve done my own testing to verify the issue.

Test1: I have old sitemap tool setup in server A, and the sitemap tool version 3 in server B, both are working fine with sitemap.xml generation but only the old sitemap tool in server A gets to generate sitemap.html.

Test2: I change the sitemap tool version 3 in server B to old sitemap tool and then server B gets to generate sitemap.html.

I concluded base from my testing that the sitemap tool version 3 can not generate sitemap.html result.

Hope you can help us.

Thanks.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:06:17 PM »
Hello,

the html sitemap creation code has not been noticeably changed in last version.
Please try to remove sitemap.html files and regenerate sitemaps.