Dyamic urls
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:30:23 PM »
Hi Guys,
I recently purchased XML-Sitemaps and had no problem setting up, but i recently upgraded my old phpBB board to the latest version. Now I can't get it to follow the new links.

I had an htaccess url rewrite on my old forum that XML-Sitemaps followed without a problem, but it doesn't want to follow the rewrite links on the new one.

W3C link checker follows it ok, so maybe it's just a setting on XML-Sitemaps? All it follows is the hard coded links, but wont follow the re-written links.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Tim

Re: Dyamic urls
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 07:45:13 PM »
Hello,

please check with our search engine crawler tool that your links can be found/accessed: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/se-bot-simulator.html

Thanks,
It crawls ok. wheeew. That eased my mind.
I must have some setting messed up. I'll play around with it and get back to you.
Thanks again,
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »
One more thing.
Your sim crawler is calling all the hard coded links internal, and all the dynamic links external.
Is that right?

URL: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]
Thanks again,
Tim
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:57:53 PM »
Still cant get it running...:(
Sending you a pm with the login details if you could take a look at it please.
I've got it set to 50 pages for now, so i can run tests and get some pages excluded before i send it to the search engines.

I'd  like to run it on the support-forum directory only, as my root is WordPress and has it's own site map generator that updates whenever a post is entered.
Thanks for your time,
Tim