Install in one server crawl another
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:34:09 AM »
Hello
Can I install script in one server (example domain1.com/script) and crawl another site? (example domain2.com/site)

Thanks
Re: Install in one server crawl another
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 05:45:22 AM »
I try to do this and the script  (crawl) wait about 2 minutes and give ERROR, NO RESPONSE.
If I crawl [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] - no response
if I change settings to crawl small page with 3,5 links [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] script succesfully crawl it.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:10:29 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 05:42:47 AM »
I understand, but it is no way to do this!
If I pay additional money, can I have access to your unlimited ONLINE (on your host) xml sitemap generator? Do you have online version?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 12:55:51 AM »
Hello,

we do not have unlimited online version at this time, but we are planning this.
If you have ssh access to your server, you can run sitemap generator in command line though.
Also, if your hosting control panel supports scheduled tasks (cron jobs), you can setup one to run sitemap generator.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:24:02 AM »
I have ssh access and which file with which command I need to run?
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 10:09:07 AM »
You can find the command line on Crawling page of sitemap generator, it looks similr to:
/usr/bin/php /path/to/generator/runcrawl.php