The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
« on: July 07, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »
Hi

Just bought the product. I am on a shared server with my ISP website is on IIS with my websites written in asp. The ISP has PHP on the webserver. The php interface loads nicely and the configuration file saves nicely. However when I crawl I get the following error message (see below). I have no chance of getting the ISP to change any settings for me. Can this be resolved? The demo on the site works fine and gives me a reduced xml file (500).

On another note:

If everthing fails on with my ISP can I load the system on my IIS 5 server locally, install php and run the program pointing to my domains and saving the files locally?

Many thanks

John

FastCGI Error
The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Details:

•The FastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout
•Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).
•Error Description: The wait operation timed out.
HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
Internet Information Services (IIS)
Re: The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:20:27 AM »
Hello again

Well everything did fail at my ISP and they will not allow me to even run it on the shared server never mind change the settings for me.

Ok it's all now nicely loaded on my local pc and crawling, however I am getting the same timeout error locally. Is there some settings that I need to change to allow the script to crawl the complete site without timing out?

Many Thanks

John
Re: The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 11:46:54 AM »
Hello,

it looks like your server configuration doesn't allow to run the script long enough to create full sitemap. Please try to increase memory_limit and max_execution_time settings in php configuration at your host (php.ini file) or contact hosting support regarding this.