I guess the title of this thread says it all. I've been getting really frustrated with all the other scripts I've tried, and the one provided by Google was just plain confusing. (note: I'm not a coder, so I get confused easily  ;) ). When I tried the XML-Sitemaps online freebie I was instantly sold. Bought the download and had it installed in minutes. It's running now at 5 levels deep and about 23K dynamic pages indexed. It's easy to understand, errors proved to be my own ignorance and easily corrected... works great.

Okay, enough of the praise and rambling. The one thing I noticed, which seems like a no-brainer, is that there's no option to control the depth level. Am I just missing it?

Anywayz, great script, no complaints or anything, just that if I'm right and there is no way to control the depth level, it seems there should be. Just though it worth mentioning.

Later!   ;D
Ted the Tool Guy

For a good time visit ! ;D
Re: Thanks for the great scripts, but can I suggest depth control?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 12:51:51 AM »
Hello Ted,

many thanks for your comments. :)
We will consider adding "depth level" limit option, for the moment you can use "Maximum pages" limit option instead.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 03:17:14 AM »
We will consider adding "depth level" limit option, for the moment you can use "Maximum pages" limit option instead.

Following up on Ted's question - what would be a reasonable way to determine how many pages to allow when using a page limit in place of a depth estimate?  I agree with Ted, the program is very good.  However, knowing how long to let it run seems to be something of a guessing game.

-Danny.
- Danny

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 07:59:11 PM »
Hello Danny,

the number of pages <-> depth level dependancy is totally specific to the site. Sometimes, the 2nd-3rd level will give 90% of all pages at the site (the better case for SEO, by the way), sometimes it will take 20-30 level and you will still not get the half of the pages.
So, for the time guesstimation the number of pages limit will work better. :)