Only one page in sitmap
« on: July 15, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »
Trying to generate sitemap for [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ]. This has worked before but now only shows the home page. What am I doing wrong?
Re: Only one page in sitmap
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 02:01:01 AM »
Hello,

your links are created with javascript, you should change them (or duplicate) to normal html links looking like <a href="...">
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 09:45:44 AM »
I dont know what that means :(, do you mean the lines

<div id="BeltingeButton" onclick="location.href=('../ccount/click.php?id=1')"></div>
   <div id="SwalecliffeButton" onclick="location.href=('../ccount/click.php?id=2')"></div>

Is it because of problems with the main index page that it wont go any further?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 08:18:49 AM »
OK, I was linking that way as I was using a script to count the number of times a link was clicked.... I have now changed it to how you suggested but it still only picks up 1 page?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
Did you try to use URL I posted above as "Starting URL" for creating sitemap?
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »
Yes, that works but as the site is currently split into 2 sections that method only maps the beltinge section. It does not include ANY pages from the swalecliffe section of the website?
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
I see that your homepage still has this:
   <div id="BeltingeButton" onclick="location.href=('Beltinge/index.shtml')"></div>
   <div id="SwalecliffeButton" onclick="location.href=('Swalecliffe/index.shtml')"></div>

You should duplicate links with <a href="">, for instance:

<div id="BeltingeButton" onclick="location.href=('Beltinge/index.shtml')"><a href="Beltinge/index.shtml"></a></div>
   <div id="SwalecliffeButton" onclick="location.href=('Swalecliffe/index.shtml')"><a href="Swalecliffe/index.shtml"></a></div>
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 09:53:18 PM »
That got it!!!

Thanks very much and sorry for me not understanding sooner! :)
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 05:20:58 AM »
I'm also getting only the home page shown in the sitemap results. It was crawled fine last week, but it's an osCommerce store and I keep adding contributions and probably changed something.

kiddeluxe.com

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 09:24:01 PM »
Hello,

make sure that you specify domain.com as Starting URL (and not www.domain.com, since your links are pointing to non-www domain)
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 03:30:33 AM »
Thanks. That seems to be working.