Only 55% of links on site are included in Sitemap?
« on: July 17, 2009, 05:36:01 PM »
Hi there,

First off - great site and thanks for the sitemap service!

I've seen this topic around here many times and have done some searches to figure out why certain links aren't included in the sitemap.

I have 334 html pages and only 186 are listed in the sitemap.

A few questions:

- Why don't all the pages show up?
- I've seen it mentioned that having 'www' in all your links may be the cause of the problem -  All my links have www in them?
- Will getting all the 334 into the sitemap.xml mean that Google will index more pages? (currently google indexes 112 of the pages)
- Will it help if I manually paste all the links in the .xml file?

An example link: [ External links are visible to forum administrators only ] - this link doesn't show up in the sitemap? where other links on the same page does?

Can you please let me know how to correct this problem.

Thanks very much!
Re: Only 55% of links on site are included in Sitemap?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 08:00:53 AM »
Hello,

in order to let sitemap generator find all your pages there must be a way to reach any page on your site by clicking links, starting from homepage. Can you please let me know how the page you meantioned can be found (i.e. on homepage click "zzz", then click "yyyy" etc.)
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:12:03 AM »
Hi there, thanks for the help

I have some links provided by a flash thumbnail component. So it looks like those links aren't indexed.

Question: If I manually put those links in the sitemap.xml - will Google index them?

Thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 10:58:14 AM »
Yes, they should be found by Google in this case (it's not guaranteed to be indexed though in case if Google decides that they're not valuable enough).